These are the Skills the protagonist can learn in Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon.
First Generation Skills
Skill ranks are preserved when the game moves to the second generation.
- Weapons - Your skill with swords, spears, and staves. Reduces RP consumption.
- Farming - Your skill with hoes, waterpots, and sickles. Reduces RP consumption. A record of how hard you have worked
- Mining - Your skill with the hammer. Keep on hitting those minerals! Reduces RP consumption.
- Magic - Your skill with magic. Reduces RP consumption. Also allows more advanced magic books to be read.
- Logging - Your skill with swinging axes. Reduces RP consumption. Show off your mighty arms!
- Fishing - Your skill with a fishing pole. Reduces RP consumption when fishing.
- Communication - Your skill in befriending monsters. Measures your love and caring. Increase to boost grooming bonuses.
- Camping - Your skill at outdoor survival. Shows how comfortable you are in the wild. Increases HP and RP recovery from camps.
Second Generation Skills
- Pharmacy - Your skill with combining medicines. Increase to become able to make harder recipes...in theory.
- Accessories - Your skill with creating accessories. Increase to make even the toughest accessories...with your eyes closed!
- Forging - Your skill with creating armor and weapons. Increase to be able to make new equipment. Tanya is said to be level 99.
- Cooking - Your skill at cookery. Increase to learn new recipes and make higher-quality dishes.
Communication is a skill in Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon.
The purpose of the Communication Skill is to tame Monsters as battle companions and farm helpers. The higher the protagonist's Communication skill, the fewer pets it takes to tame a monster or raise its Friendship Level (FL). Monsters with higher FL give higher-quality produce, have more hit points, and change their behavior around the barn.
For a complete breakdown of how FL affects monsters, see the Monsters page.