Gerard (グレー, Gurē) is a character in Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.
First met at the Church in the beginning. Father Gerard is a very open minded man, a bit girly and loves the gossip but his intentions are pure when it comes to taking care of the two children Quinn and Kelsey and looking out for the fellow islanders.
His mood is almost always cheerful, and he often expresses joy when the protagonist visits. As Odette says, "he is a character." However, Gerard also has a completely different side to him. He can be threatening and scary when provoked, and is called "a demon" by Pandora .
Love: Mixed Ole
Like: Juices (except Green Juice)
Hate: Green Juice
Can be found early in the morning escorting the children back to the Church from the bath house, and then resides at the top of the Church tower. Afternoons and evenings he can be found at the Church alter and at the Three Sisters Inn at later hours.
It should be noted that there is a period of time which the map states that Gerard at the church, but he is not present in the church at all. It occurs sometime around 1pm (unconfirmed) and ends at 6 pm (confirmed). This occurs when he goes atop the watchtower next door, since it is treated as part of the church on the in-game map.(confirmed)
- Main article: Gerard/Requests
Friendship Events & Gallery
(To see actual dialog, click here)
- He is the true head of Fenith Island Security, and gets patrol reports from Mikoto (his subordinate) daily.
- According to Mikoto, he is the strongest person on the island. This helps explain why he does not participate in the Warrior Festival. It should also be noted that he has dumbells in his room, implying he works out regularly.
- Mikoto has a slight crush on Father Gerard. In a conversation with Aden/Sonja, Mikoto notes how remarkably muscular and formidible Gerard is, and pauses in thought after stating this. She quickly dismisses herself after catching herself daydreaming, and resumes her business.
- Gerad was once in the army for a far away kingdom that was always at war. He was on his way to bring back up to one of the troops and came late. Once he arrived, he saw what was once the town now in ruins and found Quinn and Kelsey, deciding that it was best to leave the army.
- During the Masquerade, Gerard is seen wearing an Egg Hat
- Every year he buys Quinn new clothes on her birthday.
- He regularly works out in his room with his weights.
- He says "If only I wasn't a priest" when talking about Violet.
- Sometimes he seems to flirt with Aden.
- He wants Aden to think of him as a father.